spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Oh I wish I knew you were looking for a splitter. I make them occasionally and mine have subframe mounts for folks who track. Same ABS design as the "OMG" ones

I wouldn't trust a splitter above 120mph without sturdy attachment points, I filmed some runs with and without the subframe attachments and there is a lot of movement. I now have 3 splitter bars and the subframe mount on mine. I'm moving to a slightly larger front splitter in the next month too!

Looks great though
Any more details on what you did to attach to the sub-frame?

I am working on making my own air dam and the plan is to extend it out with an abs splitter as well (form the splitter to the bumper with the air dam). Basically, I will re-create the 1M splitter that has the brake ducts built in.
Ahhh I promise I'll get some this week

The easiest thing to do is to spin the underbody panel mounts around and use long screws through the splitter and under tray to those points.

I'm going to mount this eBay air dam that my buddy gave me in between the splitter and the bumper to help with drag. Kinda like the E90 m3 guys do with the Apr splitter + the gts? lip with brake ducts.