View Single Post
      02-06-2018, 08:09 AM   #10
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunginator View Post
Thank you again for the advice. I am not at all mechanically inclined so it's good to be able to rely on the expertise of others like yourselves.

I'll ask for the belly pan to be shown to me to ensure oil leakage. I may even wait on replacing the thrust rod bushings until I start feeling shuddering or vibrations. Right now, the car feels perfectly good. When I start feeling the slightest of vibrations then I'll have them check up on it again.

Also, if someone can chime in on this... I did some research on thrust rod bushings and it seems that some people are recommending to just change out the control arms altogether. If I do this, I would most likely go with the M3 kit as many people have recommended. This should result in better steering feel and barely increases NVH. Thoughts?

I'll be doing just the front brakes and I think it'll be around $750... that's for pads, rotors, sensors, etc.
Everything sounds pretty reasonable. Oil pan gasket, replace it before the oil drip ruins all the plastics underneath.

The torsion struts are also pretty common. I upgraded my own to the M3 version. Actually, look for the TRW version of the arms, significantly cheaper, and they are the exact same as the OE version, just the "M" emblem is ground off. May want to do the front lower control arms in the M3 version at the same time.

ECS sells a complete kit. This is about half what the OE parts cost.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-trw-part...1102283577mkt/

Will need an alignment after, and adds about 3/4 deg neg camber.
Appreciate 0