04-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #72
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXmtrhed View Post
Neil,
IRRC your car is a DD and you were concerned about ride quality and ground clearance in addition to better track performance. Are you still happy with the spring rates you chose? How much drop did you end up with?

I’m looking at these shocks for my DD and I’m trying to determine if your spring choices and settings will work for me. From your posts I’ve read, I think so. I want the spring rates to strike a good balance between street & track and I don’t want an extreme drop. I don’t want be dragging the front end over driveways and speedbumps and really don’t want to tip toe around every hazard. I’m thinking a ½” drop will be good enough for me.

I’m also wondering if you are running your track camber settings on the street and how that is affecting tire wear and straight line braking performance.
Yes, happy with the balance I've achieved. Spring rates, at least for my butt, definitely not too stiff for the street. Ended up wth a drop of approx. 5/8"

Currently running 3 degrees camber in front and 2.2 in back. O toe in front and a bit of toe-in in rear. Haven't yet put a lot of miles on with these settings, but I expect tire wear will be ok. As you probably know, it's the combination of camber and toe that eats up tires.

Neil
Appreciate 0