04-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #26
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
You just live with it? If we're talking about the same thing.. it's the steering wheel AND the whole car shaking when you turn the wheel just slightly off from center at very low speed. I have AT and it happens most when I give it no gas and let the car "creep".

How long has this happened for you? I'm assuming nothing terrible has happened thus far. Crazy. It's happened on all sorts of surfaces with me, and the fact that you have 17"s and I have 19"s means it probably isn't a wheel size issue..

This is reminding me of the infamous clicking/card in bicycle spokes sound that used to happen to me whenever I took a turn at ANY speed. A lot of people got it, all different tires, wheels, suspension components. Don't think we ever figured it out. It stopped once I took my Breyton rims + hankook tires off. But everyone else was running different wheels, tires, and suspension components so it couldn't have been that... this car is seriously weird.
Yep, just live with it. My car has almost 60,000 miles on it and has done this for at least the last 35,000+ miles (it's a CPO car). As I mentioned, it only does this peridodically. I'm not sure if I would say that this shakes the whole car, but it is a definite vibration that originates when turning the steering wheel left or right from center when the car is just creeping (my car is AT, too) or stopped. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for what's going on, whether it's a design flaw or a serious of coincidental circumstances that causes it. My dad is a retired Porsche Master Tech of 30+ years and he was in my car one time when it happened and though he noticed it, he didn't seem to think it was anything to worry about...whatever that's worth.