View Single Post
      08-04-2019, 05:55 PM   #17
AzGregg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Black 1 series M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Whats the ethanol availability like in your area and the highway network that you travel on? 91 could be remedied to ~95 octane with 4 gallons E85. This is ~E30 and won't change your fuel economy too much. E30 will also drastically improve your knock stability and allows timing to stay pretty stable despite the huge heat you experience out there.

IATs may be your biggest issue when tuning. If you wanted to get fancy you could install 1-2 cm4-7 nozzles in your charge pipe and do extremely low flow 50/50 water methanol atomization to drop charge air temps. This is entirely safe as long as you don't then adjust your tune for the additional octane methanol will add. BMS sells a WM kit with a small tank that would be ideal for this, as well as the jb4 module to handle delivery. 50/50 WM is also fire safe, though I still wouldn't put it in my engine bay, trunk is best.

www.georgebelton.com/e85calculator.php
it is here, somewhere, but not easy enough for my wife to find on a regular basis. 91 is what we will be living with. once we go with dowmpipes and better tune, I will consider water meth.

Last edited by AzGregg; 08-08-2019 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 0