Thread: Calgary BMW
View Single Post
      06-25-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
ndlesswaltz
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i

Because the one guy owns both BMW dealership in Calgary, they do not care where we go to and it is almost like a monopoly.

No competition sure makes it hard for us to deal with them.
Ian told me about the guaranteeing the finance or lease rate, but I bought it with cash it didn't really matter.

Also BMW in Calgary don't install the motion sensor security in the car for free; however Vancouver BMW do it for free.
He told me this when he was explaining the function on the car when I am picking it up.
How helpful he is, because I thought about purchasing one from Vancouver and flat bed it since they were offering 7% off from MSRP.

There are too many things that I noticed on the day or after picking up my car that were different from what Ian Martin told me.

If you are in AB, I strongly recommend going to Vancouver to purchase one. You will not pay PST if you prove you reside in AB, and additional security system totally worth more than freight fee from BC to AB. You also get a better deal and better treatment from SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phased View Post
Damn, that sucks. I think my salesperson (Kara) at Calgary BMW told me that you get the best rate from when you order until you get it (ie. if the rate drops, you get the low rate), and that your current rate and any incentives (if the rate jumps) are guaranteed for a few months. I didn't get a lot off of MSRP, but that is okay, I hope she gets the money from it.

The scratches are a pain too - if they were bad enough that you think they would charge you for them if it was a lease return, I wouldn't have been pissed.

That said, I've had good things with Calgary BMW when I was shopping 3 years ago, and a great experience this time. But BMW Gallery has always been a bit of a pain to me with test driving and things like that. Don't know why. Not that it matters too much - they have the same owner so is it is more the salesperson you talk to more than the dealership.
Appreciate 0