08-21-2018, 07:25 PM   #40
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
I guess now we need radar detector detector detectors?
Not really. If a car has a radar, just assume it has a radar detector. If radar detectors were common enough that police got a return on investment installing radar detector detectors, they'd be in every car.

In Australia I think they're pretty much standard in states that have radar detector laws - But in reality, cops don't need radar detector detectors.

90% of people with radar detectors have cheap shitty units that plug in the cigarette lighter. If a cop sees you fumbling around trying to hide shit in the cabin while they pull you over, they're going to search the car for a radar detector (or drugs or whatever it was that you wanted to hide).

But the other radar detector cops use is simple ... if they see you come over a hill at speed, then see you instantly hit the anchors when they pull the trigger on their radar; they're going to pull you over and say they detected a detector.

If they've got lazer and hit you and get no read, then hit a couple of cars around you and get a good read, then hit you again and get no read - you're going to get pulled over and searched for a lazer jammer.
Appreciate 0