United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
Hey Mike@N54Tuning.....

box has been great!!! was at an auto x, and i let the chief instructor take a ride.. he commented "wow, you can feel the vanos really kick at the higher RPM's...it feels like Boost !!!!! ( I didnt tell him what the car had before the run...I told him after he made the comment...) honestly i think it is the throttle re-map he felt more than anything... also the fastest time of the day was 55.XXX the instructor who drove my car for the first time ever pulled a 58.XXX He was very happy and so was i with my 60.2. Cant wait to see how it feels at Lime Rock ..

p.s.
any reason to reset it after a while of being in use after all the adaptations are learned or re-learned ??? and does running 93 Oct help it or no-difference??

Thanks again..
The re-map of the throttle is the most noticeable thing on the car! Pop it into DS and its surprising how responsive the car is. I find it also gives you the extra pull up around the 4kRPM mark which is a huge plus.

On the note of the gas octane, I wouldn't have any idea. Your engine learns what you put it in and adjusts to it over time. I would feel like a sudden change would have little if no benefits that you could tell. Maybe a slight difference when doing a dyno.