03-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #22
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
10. One-touch windows close and open with fob or hand for those with CA (I believe we only had the close option from factory, not open)
One-touch, as in you don't have to hold the button to get the windows to open or close?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
Any idea what hardware/software is being used to make these changes? I've seen comments about a "INPA K+DCAn" OBD2 to USB cord that goes for around $30 to about $100 (not sure the $30=$100 cord) and software named "NCS Expert 3.1.0" - apparently available for free. People talk about doing things like this with these but it also seems like the risk level is not terribly low.

When I have an issue out of warranty including when my battery requires replacement I will probably do something. If I had to do it now I would probably spend ~$300 on Bavarian Technic hardware/software (for 3 cars at this price). It would not do all this but would read/clear codes and do simple things like battery regisration.

Jim
Jim, the coding sounds more intimidating than it is. Once you understand what you're doing, it's a fairly easy process. I'm extremely familiar with the coding of VWs and Audis and so I'm sure that helped my understanding, but the DIY video that's posted in the coding thread over at e90post is very helpful for beginners. Can you screw up the car? Sure, but the easy way to avoid that is to avoid trying to be a pioneer; i.e., only make coding changes that others have tried first.
Appreciate 0