M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
How much camber are you running?
Streetable without clunking or creaking?
Thanks ...

OMG. no.. please see the installation instructions thread link above.. these arent cheap plates. no thunk, clunk, bump, squeak or creak. As a matter of fact the design even allowed the factory rubber isolation rings to be used to ensure no squeaks. There is not a single negative drawback to these other than the purchase and installation expense. I am currently running -2.3 degrees camber (the max is -2.8) on a car that is completely stock otherwise.. With stock wheels and tires there is really no difference in ride on the street other than increased turn in, depending on where you have them set.

I autocross so the -2.3 setting is a good set it and leave it setting for me.. I would probably aim to set them up around -2.0 as a slightly more optimal " aggressive street " setting. When running super sticky tires like RS-3s on the street, the car is a bit darty at -2.3 for the street. Again.. with the stock tires, this dartiness is on not there. The RS-3s already have an incredible turn in feel.. so lots of camber becomes synergistic.... Autocross or track warriors that that run often will jack up the car and max out the camber for the track or autocross and set it back to a more roadworthy setting before they return home. it only takes a few minutes and simple tools to change settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thM3 View Post
Apologies for the delayed response. Camber plates made huge improvement in on track behavior. Much more neutral and much crisper turn in. I run a staggered setup on the track and the increased negative camber really helps the balance and predictability. No degradation in ride quality and no increase in noise or harshness.

A no brainier improvement IMHO. beautiful fabrication quality as well. Too bad they are invisible after installed.
I'll echo some of the others.. what level of camber are you running on track?

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 02-26-2013 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0