White Lightning
Internet Jester
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr_hugo View Post
Was anyone buying the 135i strictly with the intention to mod it and now wanting to dump the car and move onto something that may be a bit more, ahem, tuner friendly?
Well I did choose this one over others because of what the #'s looked like after modding. $$ spent per HP was better than my previous car. I had almost 600HP out of my last car and it started with only 240. It was very expensive to mod, but I had to add a turbo system and a lot of other things that this car already has. So I figured, I spent more upfront for this car, but will spend less in the long run after mods. Now I am worried about the warranty though, only to the point that even though I completely built up my last car and still received warranty work. As long as the issues that caused my car to need work done by the dealer weren't a direct result of the mods they would warranty it. Is BMW the same way, it seems they aren't based on the possible power train comments in this thread. I am pretty much asking if I am having trouble with my trunk lid or bumper becoming misaligned will BMW say, added HP via Dinan (no way)?

This is not what I thought the case was when I placed my order. Last question (I guess I need to contact the dealer, but maybe you all can help as well), if something needed to be repaired and it was determined that Dinan would be covering the costs how does that happen? Do I pay for all repairs and sent a bill to Dinan, or does BMW simply do the repairs and send a bill to Dinan? I am still very much going to get the 135i when it arrives, I would just like a little insight into the process I guess. Sorry for the newbish questions, like I said in previous posts this is going to be my first BMW and I am just trying to make it a positive experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrosse View Post
My dealer, Habberstad of Huntington, Long Island is an authorized Dinan installer. The only one for at least 50 miles or so I am told. Looks like another conversation is in order.
I talked with Bernie from Habberstad and he pretty much told me upgrade as much via Dinan that I wanted to and nothing would be out of warranty (basically BMW or Dinan would cover the costs). He was also the one telling me about driving schools, track days and rallye's that were run on Long Island that wouldn't void my warranty. Now it is all sounding like fluff, but time will tell. I'll give Bernie a call and find out what I can.

Steven :thumbup:

:thumbup:
Appreciate 0