View Single Post
      11-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #10
rmm3
Rep
Drives: e30m3, race cars, ect

Interested...New here so I can't PM...Send me one and I'll give you my info so we can talk about uour car.

Thanks
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnclePerkins View Post
So . . . I am considering what I would have thought was unthinkable a few months back -- letting go of my Alpine White 1M. The car has 3510 miles (or so, still driving occasionally), 26000 of which are from the drive home from the Performance Center in August.

Condition. Car is perfect -- protected during drive home from South Carolina with TrakkTape and when that ran out, painter's tape (TrakkTape review / post and photos of car can be viewed elsewhere on the forum). Of course, love the car, but if I can get what I am into it (I paid MSRP plus 6% taxes), I may move on to something I don't have to park for three months every Winter. Frankly, am not sure I'll sell, but am interested enough to at least gauge interest.

Options. Harmon / Kardon and Premium Package (iPod, USB, BlueTooth, power seats, ambient lighting, folding mirrors, etc.). Car will be sold with 1M-specific ///M mats with orange stitching.

Service. The 1200 mile service was done in Amarillo, TX. No transmission fluid mix-ups, though in the interest of full disclosure, the folks on Amarillo did replace the differential fluid with fluid that does not have the friction inhibitor called for by the BMWNA technical service bulletin (there's a thread on this too). The differential will be flushed and the fluid replaced this week with US-spec fluid. I'm told by folks on this forum and my local service manager that euro service specs do not call for the friction inhibitor, unless or until a customer requests it due to differential "clatter" (mine is quiet, but I want the US-spec fluid, thus the flush and replace).

I will post more photos later today / this evening.
Appreciate 0