View Single Post
      11-03-2018, 08:53 PM   #8
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberry View Post
Thanks for all the hard work and documenting. Would you have a picture of what the driver side looks like after it was installed? If you were willing to sacrifice the glove box space, could it have gone in there? I wonder if e88 would be more complicated with the convertible mechanism in between but I believe you said it's wireless back there so no wire running from front to back? Thank you.
Not sure what you're looking for as far as a pic of the driver side. It looks just as if nothing was done/stock.

You can't install the MMI box in the glove box. There are two sets of cables you have to connect to the Nav screen. The wiring harness from the MMI to the Nav screen may be long enough to reach. But you'll find the video cable from the MMI to the Nav screen won't reach. It would have been nice if a longer cable was included. Not sure if you can buy a longer cable. Had there been a longer video cable, I would have the MMI box somewhere else.

The backup camera is not wireless. You'll have to run the cable from the trunk to the front of the car. While it's a lot of work, to me it's better than a wireless system. Consistent operation. And better video quality. There is a thread where someone tried a wireless camera system which uses your smart phone for the video output. The video quality was found to be some what lack luster.
Appreciate 0