Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Derple View Post
I'm posting this again because dackelone deleted it and warned me for trolling and being unhelpful, except that I am not doing either of those things. I actually mean to be helpful. Here is what I wrote:

You ought to know that when you drive this car on the track the way you should, it shouldn't feel 'planted' or 'on rails' or any of this unless you are driving a car with huge slicks and monstrous downforce. It should feel like it is skating, but in a consistent fashion all the way through the corner. You should be able to set the cars yaw and attitude on turn in and carry that with throttle all the way to track out. That's why they call it 'taking a set'. You should be slipping all the way from turn in, around the apex to track out. If you can't get the car to take a consistent set it could either be your technique, not being smooth enough or even not being aggressive enough, sometimes you need to yank a car into its set if it won't go, or it could be the car set up is not tuned well. A car that is easy to drive should progressively go from a undramatic feeling on the straights to a smooth skating feeling in the turns. It feels out of control if you aren't used to it, like you're about to lose the car, but it is totally the fast way to drive--just don't panic brake when it happens or you will loop. If you have to catch it with countersteer then it is a slide and you have rotated too much and it is not fast. They perfect amount of rotation is one that you can catch just by rolling into the throttle to settle the rear. A car that snaps from one state to another is hard to manage.
I got the first notification and was wondering what happened to the post. I will keep this in mind at the track, at least as much as I can. It's hard/not safe to try and get the car into that state in the streets. Specially down here, where all the streets are grid based and there's traffic and posts everywhere.

Thanks for the input.