View Single Post
      03-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #14
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Fine, let's do a short summary on what we've got that speaks for an M1 so far and what we've got that speaks against it:

There'll be an E82 M1
  • Dr Kay Segler, CEO of BMW ///M, told German Auto Motor und Sport in November 2009:
    "Currently, we concentrate on evaluating the feasibility to produce an M variant based on the current generation 1 series. [...]
    Usually, the development for such a car needs 3 years. But, we're planning to communicate the first details on the car around Christmas 2010
    with its market launch scheduled for Spring 2011
    ".
  • Scott providing detailed information on the features and design options of the car.
  • Mario Theissen, director of BMW Motorsport Division, when asked whether it's too late for an M version of the current 1 series:
    "Yes, certainly, it is too late, although you can always look forward to it… but I cannot talk about product plans for the future”.
There won't be an E82 M1
  • No appearance of the M1 Concept at Geneva 2010
  • Edmunds Inside Line Blog citing a source inside BMW:
    "'If we do something, it'll be a 135is like we've done with the Z4 and the 3 Series,'
    the source told us with a wink."
  • Different publications considering above mentioned spy shots to be early mules of the next generation 1 series
  • Mario Theissen, director of BMW Motorsport Division, when asked whether it's too late for an M version of the current 1 series:
    "Yes, certainly, it is too late, although you can always look forward to it… but I cannot talk about product plans for the future”.

I'd like to let everybody decide for themselves what to believe and what not to believe.

If I forgot anything which should be in this list, please comment and I'll add it.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0