10-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #90
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
The ///M3 is a different vehicle from a 335, it is built more substantially than a 335i, in fact they are not even in the same league unless you want to go fast straight. Did you notice that the engine in the ///M3 is a V8, and that the ///M3 has a very substantial rear differential and larger wheels and brakes and a whole lot more? The cars share very little.

That's EXACTLY my point.....take a look at what this test mule is wearing....lets see...much larger wheels and tires, more substantial brakes, and if there's a power upgrade there's very likely a drivetrain upgrade to go with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
I am not going to make this into a 335 vs ///M3 debate as it is not the point of this thread and not worth my time but that comment alone shows why some "enthusiasts" really should look a bit more into what they are trying to argue.
What exactly is that supposed to mean? You're questioning my enthusiasm because I don't agree with you about some totally unrealistic weight reduction that you pulled out of thin air?

The fact of the matter is, the M3 vs 335i is completely relevant to the thread. If you look at the direction they've been going with the ///M cars, there's a VERY obvious move away from true sports vehicles and more towards powerful luxury cars. Look at the M versions of the X Line for example.

It's not that I don't want a lightweight 1 Series, it's that I don't believe pretending it's going to happen on an internet forum makes much sense.
Appreciate 0