View Single Post
      09-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #32
wildcat767676
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

I love the look of your car by the way!

I see you have a lot of the mods I do and was wondering if I could ask a couple questions on some new mods I'm contemplating.

I like to listen to music and talk on the phone in the car as a daily driver. If I did a mid pipe, would it get pretty loud in the cabin? Also, did you lose any low end torque or gain turbo lag?

Same question on the charge pipe/IC. Any lag? Anything you wouldn't recommend that you've done?

Thanks!!

My mods:

1--Remus Quad Exhaust
2--Agency Power Downpipes
3--JB4 Tuner
4--JIC Coilvers
5--JIC STB
6--Removed rear coilovers, replaced with H&R Springs in rear(still need better shocks, but couldn't stand ride/sound of rear Coilovers)

Need advice on:

1--Mid Pipe
2--Sway bars vs. bmw perf susp vs. new rear shocks/JIC coils up front vs.?
3--Oil cooler(keeps losing boost/high oil temps on track days)
4--IC
5--Charge Pipe/BOV
6--DCI
7--Oil Catch Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by romak47 View Post
I just wanted to create this thread to get an idea of what people would do and also have done to their cars in order..
I am looking at getting the most needed mods for our 1 series in order of most to least needed..

So far my mods have been in this order:

1. Rix digital boost gauge w/ map switching
2. BMS DCI
3. JB3 1.4

next upgrades i want to get are possibly in this order:
1.new sticky tires + slotted BMW perf. rotors
2.jb3 2.0
3.charge pipe + tial BOV
4.kw v2 or v3 suspension
5.cp-e turbo back exhaust
6.FMIC(brand unknown yet)
7.BMS crankcase breather(if terry ever makes it :P, otherwise something currently available other than a OCC)

2008 135i AT, iDriveNAV, Remus quad exhaust, A.P. DP/MP/IC, Custom Oil Cooler, BMS JB4/Meth/DCI, JIC Cross Coilovers/Camber Plates/STB, BMWP rotors, EBC Track pads, Motul Fluid, CF Hood, BMWP Kidneys, black painted roof/mirrors, BMWP CF rear spoiler, Roof Spoiler. VMR V710 18" Wheels.
Appreciate 0