01-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #75
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
I wouldn't really say naturally aspirated 104 hp / L is outdated but hey... I guess the Z06's engine is a dinosaur in comparison.

And the rasp doesn't exist on the Z4M applications of S54 like it did on the E46 M3.

Would never happen due to cost reasons as you cited, and probably CO2 emissions as well. It would fit very well though because I feel it is a superior engine in character for a sports car and would further differentiate it from the 135. Based on scott26's posting, the engine will have 345 HP, which is within reach today via tuning.
Fair enough, and dont get me wrong, I am not knocking the S54. Im going to compare to it to computers.
Lets say that you bought a $5000 computer 4 years ago. No matter how good that computer still is, technology has advanced so much that it is outdated. Its the same with cars really. You can always make something better than you made it a few years ago...except GM

But here is my thng. If the engine will be producing over 350 stock, then is it safe to say that you easily obtain an extra 70 HP with a chip just like on the N54?

Appreciate 0