den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
This can't be more true!! The large majority of M2 owners won't be able to utilise the full potential of the car, especially the difference between 135/235 and the M2.

Bragging rights are good though. Plus the better exterior
This is all a bit pointless, a lot of 135/235 owners won't be able to utilise the full potential of the car over a 220i ... and so the saga goes on.
A generalisation at best.

M4 is better than a 435i, M2 is better than m235i ... That's why people move up. It's not all about the money.
Years back when I had the 135, the 1M wasn't around. Later on, one drive in the 1M and I bought the car on the spot.
To many it'd seem like essentially the same car, to me it was the perfect car.
For some it may not be easy to justify the money to go from a m235i to an M2, but that's each individual's personal finances.
Of course they're better cars, there's no arguing there. Initially my comment is... I don't understand the jump from 435i to M4 not because of jumping to a better car.. It's why do one buy a 435 to begin with? M135i or M235i can be a little bit more understandable, because M2 were only rumours... But even then I don't get the jump financially. Only because you're paying so much more for something so similar...

This is not aimed at anyone is particular, similar logic can be applied to other manufacturers... When I was in the VW community a few people jumped from same gen gti to R... Or same gen a250 to A45 or S3 to Rs3

Personally it's something that's very illogical to me
Appreciate 1