View Single Post
      07-31-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
TUNEDM3
Stay Ripping
Rep
Drives: 1M

1M KW CLUBSPORTS-Review

This weekend I spent the day and did some car related stuff. I weighed my car, installed a set of KW Clubsports & removed the CDV.

When I decided that I was going to trade in my E90 M3 for a 1M i knew the KW Clubsport was the coilover of choice. I had them on my E90 M3 and was nothing short of impressed. It is very compliant on the street yet very capable on track. My car is dual duty which means I ask alot of my equipments ability to excel in both aspects. The build quality is top notch and reliability had proven to be fantastic. I have had experience with other coilovers on previous car in which blown shocks were a common issue.

After about a month of trying to confirm whether the non-edc E92/E90 M3 kit would work in the 1M I got a very pleasing call from SAM @ AUTOTALENT that it was the same kit. I had ordered my previous kit through Sam so naturally he was the guy to call. My only gripe with my previous kit was the method of bump adjustment, Sam mentioned to me that KW had revised this with a new click style knob. 24hrs later my updated kit was in the mail. I would like to thank Sam for staying in contact with me even though he knew I had no intention of buying a new kit if my old one fit. He really showed he actually cared and was not just trying to make a sale. He provided EXCELLENT customer service and great pricing on the new kit.

The clubsports are double adjustable, 500/800 spring rates, camber plates and have more aggressive valving then variant line. 12 bump adjustments with 18 rebound adjustments make it a very versatile kit. Install went relatively smooth with no hiccups. I lowered the car 1 inch all around and kept the 1 inch rake from front to rear measured using the fenders as a reference point. The kit really has transformed the car. I still need to do an alignment, but the car feels 100% more focused and like a go kart. The steering response is now instant and the car feels solidly planted to the ground. I have yet to take it to the track as I only had the car a week and am still in break in but this thing is going to be nuts.

I have attached some pics for your viewing pleasure. More pics to come once I can get a proper photoshoot with my buddy's VO 1m who also installed the Clubsports and is loving them.
Attached Images