View Single Post
      11-14-2017, 12:14 PM   #28
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Are you planning on posting more details about how you did your oil cooler setup? I refuse to pay the mark up on what’s available so I plan to install one myself at some point. The main thing holding me back is the lack of free time to come up with a mounting solution. Would be awesome to see how you did yours.
I'm happy to post up details once I build it! Currently I have all the parts, minus the mounting brackets, which look pretty easy to make. I think I'll sandwich into the crash bar / frame rail.

I don't think 1 core is enough. These cars need two cores, and they only real way I've seen them perform well over time is to run in sequence rather than in parallel.

I will say, however, the stock oil cooler, radiator, and intercooler worked fine for me in time attack fashion, where I'd do 2-3 hot laps, 1 cool down, and repeat. Temps were mild at 74* at Buttonwillow. But can't believe how solid and consistent the car was with an OTS MHD Stage 2 91 tune, few gallons of race gas, exhaust, inlets, charge pipe.
Appreciate 1
Bimmer TV125.00