rapter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1(M)other f*^#er of a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapter View Post
Clutch out and car in neutral ... chatter chatter chatter... clutch in... silence.

Upon take off (launch at 1100 rpm), stutter stutter stutter (moderate vibrations felt in car).

reasonably normal car behaviour while in motion.

Taking off with a higher rpm (1500-1700rpm) generally smooths out the stutter at take off.

What are the implications of driving with a chattering flywheel and early slipping clutch?

Will the clutch disk wear out quicker?

Is there any else that will take abuse or will be damaged if the flywheel goes unfixed?

This is NORMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeroni View Post
I do not think the CDV has any effect on your problem. I did the CDV delete on my 2011 135i a few years ago. My car never made any bad noises before. The CDV delete was simply an effort to smooth out low gear shifts.

Now, for the last year or so, I notice a soft "ticketa-ticketa-ticketa-ticketa" sound with the clutch engaged in neutral. When I depress the clutch, the sound disappears whether in gear or not. I am inclined to hold the clutch in at stops to quiet this sound, though I realize I may be shortening the life of the clutch throwout bearing.

Also, my clutch occasionally stutters on take off at normal driving speeds. This does not happen at every start and is relatively innocuous though noticeable.
Your car is shuttering under acceleration is absolutely not normal. Thanks for your contribution
Appreciate 0