View Single Post
      09-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #28
R99
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring

OK - another quick update on the car.

I took it for a full alignment on a hunter laser system on Monday, the rear toe was all over the place after the Bilsteins had been fitted, so now the handling is even sharper and best of all, the yellow ring on the BMWP s/w is back in the dead ahead position instead of being off the one side.

Then a bit of bad news - unsurprisingly the cheap paint job on the Performance bumper has turned out to be shit!! It's got paint flaking off and two huge stone chips already I used this body shop as it came highly recommended to me, and was half the price of all the other quotes but safe to say I wont be going back!!

My normal paint guy reckons he can fix it for me and it needs flatting back a full polish and 2 more coats of clear coat applying, so that will be sorted one day next week

Ending on some good news at least.... my new tyres will be here tomorrow. UniRoyal RainSport 2's in 225/40 18 (had them before on my JCW MINI and they were awesome) which will mean the OZ's can go on!

Should be fitted Friday or Saturday depending on getting a spot at the tyre depot down the road.

Pics to follow of course
Appreciate 0