04-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
darkvaderr
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1M ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorinel999 View Post
it costs more and it delivers more. how can a car that lost in every performance comparison be the better car?

maybe the better value but not the better car. whatever those germans wrote in that article is pure biased bullshit. i cant believe they had the balls to call the 1m the winner even tho it lost in every single performance comparison.
Better acceleration numbers and marginally better lap times does not equate to better to drive. Driving is an experience, not a measurable thing.
As a driver's car is where it excels, is what I'm assuming this review is trying to say.
But in our present world of dual clutch automatics and obsessions with 0-60 times; I don't expect many people to understand that.

There would be no need to test drive cars or read/watch car reviews if only numbers mattered; cause then we'd just have one test track, one driver and simply list out from fastest to slowest: 0-60, 0-120, lap times, etc. And you'd just buy the highest ranking car in your price range. But we don't do that do we?

Having said that; my father has a Cayman S that I've driven, and I've also driven both the 135i and M3; and I find it hard to believe that the 1M would be better to drive than a Cayman R. I guess I'll have to wait and find out for myself!
Appreciate 0