View Single Post
      07-13-2018, 12:41 AM   #5
Arctic135i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06 325i e90, 09 audi b8 bagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
First, there are really only four things you need: tune, downpipe, intercooler, and charge pipe. The first two make power, the second and third let you keep making that power reliably.

If you're worried about price then remove your stock downpipe, knock out all the cat material (optionally take it to a recycler) and bingo, catless downpipe that you actually got paid for. I've been running a gutted downpipe for a couple years.

The next essential part is an intercooler. You can either pay once for a good one, and enjoy it every time you drive or cheap out and get shit on each time you drive. I would recommend tube and fin over bar and plate as it's much lighter and recovers faster. Most intercoolers are bar and plate because it's cheaper. Either way, you will see improvements replacing the stock intercooler with pretty much anything.

Then you need a flash, get MHD. It will have all you need with a variety of power levels depending on the fuel you have available. Ethanol mixes work well to boost regular gas.

I would shy away from shooting meth in the charge pipe as it won't get distributed to all 6 cylinders evenly. And don't worry about an intake unless you want more noise. The stock airbox flows plenty for a stock turbo.
Knocking it out sounds like a good idea! havent heard of doing that before. (still new to turbo/bmw's). i will buy a good proper intercooler as i will be putting this car on track quite abit aswell as alot of pulls. Already have mhd so thats all well and will think about mixes.
Appreciate 0