View Single Post
      01-28-2014, 10:52 PM   #8
killerhurtalot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
You know what you might want to try potentially for a service history - you might be able to take the key (if they'll let you or do for you) and have it run on the computer system at a BMW dealer. They're able to pull all sorts of information about the car, its service history (at a dealer), etc. etc. just from their machine that reads the keys. I saw all the info they pulled on my car and it only had 3500 miles on it and 1 service, yet they pulled 5-6 pages of info including when it will be due for all services, even the replacement radiator done on the car before I took delivery.

So, if you can't get a dealer to print that up using the vin, perhaps that might work to get more info.

Edit - looking at the carfax now. I can guarantee you, if it was sold in Camarillo, it was almost certainly serviced at Steve Thomas BMW as that's the only BMW dealer within like 30 miles of there. You might even be able to call them or contact them on here as golfrrrr or something like that is a forum sponsor and works there.
thanks for the tip. I'll definitely call them up tomorrow and ask about the service record. otherwise I'll just head down to the local BMW dealership and ask them to pull up the service record.

Edit: called them up and they said it was sold through Rusnak bmw @ Westlake village

Edit 2: called Rusnak BMW and got confirmation with regular maintenance and oil changes and etc. only thing of note is brakes were changed at 22k miles and rear brakes at 27k miles. so those will need replacing soon.

Last edited by killerhurtalot; 01-29-2014 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0