07-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #14
xBlueStreakx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
Car looks fantastic. A thing of beauty!

I like the way the roll cage is welded to the rear chassis rail. That's how it should be done IMO. Others I've seen are welded near the shock mount.
Thanks. You may notice that it is almost identical to Berk Technology's 135 cage. I essentially walked into the shop, handed them the photos of Berk's car and said "built it like this". Hah. Not that they didn't know what they were doing tho; just an alignment of expectations from both sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoki06 View Post
Nice build!

You might want to put some chicken wire or something similar on the lower openings of the bumper to help protect the radiator and oil coolers. Those big openings look prime for some rocks (at least on tracks around me they would be).
Yeah. I'll likely buy the proper grilles for the bumper and pop them in this winter. I can see some decent nicks on the oil coolers already from flying debris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
Love the build, JRZ , where did you get those eyelids from for your headlights? They look great on your car.
Right here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BMW-1-E81-E82...oAAOSw3mpXNFLr

Fitment isn't that great. But it's a racecar so no biggie. You can also find them in CF; don't know about fitment tho.
Appreciate 0