09-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
Well, it's been months since I've been on here. As luck would have it, on July 4th someone ran a red light and t-boned my poor 1M (directly in the passenger door @ +/-40mph).

I have a couple of questions for anyone who knows...

Months later, I'm still without my car. Apparently, the part that I need is a quarter panel/rocker panel combo, and it needs to come directly from Germany. Does anyone have experience with this part? Are there two different versions of the part; one where the rocker/quarter are together and one where they are separate? I have been told that the VP of BMW America's is involved because the part STILL hasn't been shipped, and frankly, I'm getting pretty annoyed with the whole process. I know the car is rare, but holy hell...this is a little insane. We're coming up on a 3 month mark here.

Can anyone help or explain why this may be taking so long?

Side-note: this car took a beating really well; what a stud!!! for the speed and considering the impact point, it looked a whole hell of a lot better than the other car. didn't really matter to me, as i still wanted to knock the guys teeth out for not paying attention to the road. but, that's why they call them accidents.
Sorry to hear this happened. Maybe you should talk to the 1M whisperer, member Glassoman55 about that, he seems to be knowing this car better than BMW.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0