View Single Post
      06-06-2016, 09:31 PM   #42
thatonetime
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36addict View Post
Probably the only pic I have of mine in its current condition...
Love the K1's. I had a set but after cracking 2 I ended up getting Kinesis. Still love them tho.

UPDATE

What a week. Everything was last minute.

I signed up to do another rally this year. It was in part with the Epilepsy Foundation. We raised money and brought awareness while doing a road trip to HRE Open House and having fun.

After trying to fit those 18 inch BBS CH's last week, my buddy traded me his 18x8.5 for my two 18x10's. Now I finally got 18x8.5 ET35 Square. That being said even though it sounds like nothing hard to fit, on the 1 series it's a pain in the ass. I was told I can't fit the front with anything wider than a 225/40/18 and the rear nothing bigger than a 245/35/18. That's crazy considering I want to fit 245/40/18. Reason why I want a meaty tire is grip/comfort/road noise/tire wear.

Let's begin:

So my tires came in. Thanks to Falken USA for pulling strings and getting me the tires so fast. I currently have these tires on my E36 M3 and E91 Touring. I love them and can't say anything bad about them. The grip is phenomenal, they are nice and quiet and they last a long time with a proper alignment. They perform better than the Michelin Sport tires everyone seems to buy for the M3 and they are quieter than my R888's I have and they last longer. Again, I love them.

The second they came in, I threw them in the wagon and took off to have them mounted.

By the time I got home it was late but I couldn't wait

Since I'm doing this much work, I might as well put my bullnose studs on as well

On it

It actually ended up getting dark and I did not take anymore photos. I just focused on finishing.

The next morning though........ since I have camber plates and the coilovers are nice as well, the front is super close but clears with no issues. I have a hint of rubbing from the front bumper corned but nothing I can't live with

The rear on the other hand rubs constantly. This is because the inner lip is in the way and because my rear springs are 500 and not the 700's I need. No biggie, my buddy is giving me his springs and he's on his way. Let's make this fit

You can see the area thats rubbing bad

A little tape, a little silver Sharpie and this dremel

Two and a half disks later, here we are

Quarters are done. Now for the springs. My buddy came through. Old springs are red (500lb) and the teal springs are new (700lp). This is perfect since I'm running 350lb in the front. This is the perfect combo for the 1 series chassis. 350lb front and 700lb rear.

And just as I thought I was done.....NOPE

My girlfriend surprised me with the craziest birthday gift. I had no idea she ordered me a bumper and even had it painted. Crazy. Her and 5 of our other friends pitched in money for it. I was speechless.

I can't freaking wait......screw it, guess I'm putting the bumper on.

No more headlight washers.....oh no

Swapped over my black grills

It's on

Hood seal is back on and done. That was actually really fast.

Time to wash the car..... I guess it's also shower time :rofl

Now, for the shoot

Time to pull out the good camera.

Height/fitment

Full car :alright

Really happy with how this turned out. The bumper makes the complete setup look good.

And for the Rallye stuff

I'd like to point out, it's now 11pm and we are putting on stickers

Girlfriend putting in the work. We ended up getting done at 2:47am

Next morning at 9am, we had a meeting and...... let the Rallye begin!

I had so much fun. San Jose to Santa Barbara to San Diego was awesome. Somewhere along the way, I drove a 993 RWB behind a P1, a GT3 RS, E63 AMG and a E90 M3. I'm going to edit photos and post them up. All to come.

Appreciate 1