View Single Post
      03-12-2024, 03:09 PM   #5
semeoneor
Rep
Drives: 135 m package bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Check the date. I had a "temporary" spare blow out on my van even after checking the pressure before mounting it. It didn't go 8-miles.

The vehicle's tires had only 1,200 miles on them from when my Mom purchased them at a large Goodyear dealer in St. Louis near her retirement community. The first flat occurred in my driveway one-day after moving the vehicle from the retirement community. Problem was they sold her 8-year-old tires even recording the date code on their BOS. Goodyear told me the warranty was only good to the original purchaser and I was moving the vehicle after my mom had died, so I didn't count. An irate call to the large tire and repair chain in Missouri gave me little satisfaction. They said there was nothing wrong with selling an 80-year-old woman 8-year-old tires as long as they had been stored properly. I received only slightly more satisfaction from my conversation with Goodyear.

And you're going to depend on a junk-yard tire?

I meant I was going get a junkyard rim and replace the tire , that's usually what I do to most my cars I just need to know what fits in a e88 since less trunk space
Appreciate 1