View Single Post
      07-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Have no idea, that's why I'm looking into it as when I bought my car I bought it second hand, it was only a few months old and the dealer told me it was an IS model as I bought it sight unseen. It was the service directors car. the salesman at the dealer said he had a kid and traded up to a bigger car. and I picked it up for a steal. It has all the markings and badges and extra radiators and all that jazz but the vin shows it as a 135i. Is it a clone? When I bought mine it had all the markings and performance parts that the IS is supposed to come with so i never questioned it, posted the car on the IS forum and they say things look fishy so now I'm trying to see if the dealer lied to me, in the end I really don't care as the car was priced right and the parts are all their so it just the principle at this point.

But the big question is if the "IS" has no way to distinguish it from an "I" via vehicle identification number then any 135i with all the additional performance pieces and badges from the SI could be passed off as one to later buyers, the 135is could swell in numbers when they start getting into the used market, the newer models anyway as all I have now is the production date.

Their were rumors of the cars all being built as "I" then the parts were fitted later and the car was rebadged and after seeing some cars with their dash badges being mounted in different spots that could be true.

Well see as I'm still looking into it.
Appreciate 0