Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Dan Parker's AW 1M

Original thread -- http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528522

Lamin-X

I stopped by Lamin-X this afternoon so they could look at headlight film (and possible future paint protection) for the 1M. They applied a light smoke film to the headlights and made templates for the 1M so they can sell pre-cut headlight protection. They have several shades of tint as well as yellow, red, blue, and obviously clear. I have used their products on all my cars for years and the stuff is well worth the money. I once had a crow hit the front of my car at 80 mph and although the bird is long gone it didn't even scratch the film. Their product is different from 3M as it has a soft coating that tends to bounce rocks and debris (crows) rather than allowing it to cut the film. Whenever I sell a car I peel the film off and there's brand new headlights underneath while the film is usually pitted from abuse.

Here are a couple pics. Keep in mind when it's first applied it is darker then it is going to be after the glue sets up. You might notice the side air curtains are now blacked out where the small painted section once was. This is just some black vinyl. I wanted to see what it looked like with it blacked out. It makes it look like the lower middle section is now floating rather than connected.

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0