09-04-2008, 01:53 AM   #60
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
I doubt the hose would break from being kinked, but what I was talking about is the ease of INSTALLMENT. Imagine trying to get two BBs out of the line once they've been stuck in there for a while..

You cannot deny that it's MUCH easier to zip tie something than it is to disconnect the hose, buy the right sized BBs (after all who has an assortment of various sized BBs on hand?), then reconnect the hose (which now won't stay on as well because you've broken the factory seal on the line.)
Yes, it is easier to ZIP tie the line but I am a big fan of clean "installs" if you will. A kinked hose and a ZIP tie are a temporary workaround in my mind.

I was speaking of LONGEVITY obviously. As for the ball bearings being stuck in the line I am not sure why you would want to take the ball bearings out but yes it would be nearly impossible.

However, I have no idea what you are talking about with the hose not being able to stay one because the "factory seal" is broken. It is a rubber vacuum line. They do not depend on actual vacuum to stay on the actuator nipple.