View Single Post
      05-22-2016, 09:54 AM   #5
hydra
Flaccid Member
Rep
Drives: E82 135i 6MT F22 228i 6MT

The effect of all these powertrain mods (and resultant ~400whp), along with the 6MT conversion was only to highlight even further the deficiencies of the E8x/E9x chassis. Car is really ill-suited to this kind of power level as-is, and it became clear that much work had to be done to make this car "fun", and to help it put its power down more effectively. On to the next round of mods...

- M3 steering rack
- M3 guide rods
- M3 FLCAs
- Whiteline FCA430 Castor bushings
- Whiteline RSFB
- Godspeed Adj toe arms
- Godspeed Adj upper camber arms

I'm pleased to report that this latest round of upgrades totally transformed the way the car feels, tracks, and puts the power down. Steering effort is almost unacceptably stiff now, but the upside is improved feel, stronger self-centering, and the quicker steering makes slides so much easier/more intuitive to catch. Car now tracks straight and true @ WOT in 3rd and 4th gear, whereas before it would wander all over the place and fight for traction even with fresh Neova AD08Rs. What remains though, is the excessive body motion/roll on account of the stock springs/shocks, and a strong propensity to understeer at the limit, but I have several more mods coming in the pipeline to cure these ills...Took the car to a local track last Sunday in 100+ degree heat, was 8.5s faster than a friend's S2000 over a 150s lap... Here is a pic below from that weekend:
Attached Images

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1264997

Last edited by hydra; 06-18-2016 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 0