View Single Post
      11-20-2018, 03:58 AM   #7
abb6027
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 1M

Just turned 55 myself and I drive my 1M in traffic but I have never owned an automatic car. I love the firm suspension it feels really nice to me as I prefer that sort of ride. The only time I think it could be a bit smoother is when I'm really tired.

For me the 1M is the only car I've owned that I still think how good it is after 4 years of ownership. The longer I have it the more I learn to improve my driving in it and as has been said it's not the fastest car on the road but it's so much fun to drive even at low speed it feels good compared to other cars. It's not a perfect car as in it feels a bit wild sometimes but that's a big part of its appeal as for me perfect cars get boring very quickly.

One of my favourite quotes by a magazine review about the 1M when testing the then new M2 is

"But it falls a bit shy of the now-mythical 1M. That car was a far more focused machine that rewarded the best drivers who had the guts to extract the most from it. The M2 is very fast and very good, but it's also a bit more mainstream. The M2 has a much broader target audience, and hence it is a little watered down.

That being said I think a much wider range of drivers will get way more enjoyment out of the M2 than the 1M. It's easier to drive harder without the downside of scaring the bejesus out of you at random intervals."

This sums up why I love my 1M.
Appreciate 5
1'M Blue254.00
10"4973.00
Tornado1M1209.00
seis-speed2430.50
CarJunkie2616.50