View Single Post
      01-02-2019, 05:15 PM   #1
ts0ulc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3,X5E, 1M

New 1M (BSM) Owner

Hello all!

Just wanted to drop by and say hello. I am the new and now proud owner of the unmistakable Black Knight.

For the past few months, I've just been browsing on BaT but never did I expect to put a bid on anything. I saw this 1M come up on the auction and just kept it in the back of my head. Until about an hour before it ended, I logged in and just wanted to see what it would go for. My first bid got outbid by $500. It didn't seem like many people were bidding. I threw out another number and BOOM, "Congrats Sold to you" After I won, I got a call from the seller and we chatted for a bit about the history of the car. Found out it was the same car I saw in the classified section back in 2015/16. At that time, I was still just dreaming of an 1M.

The hardest part was getting the car from Connecticut to California. I was on a trip in south-east Asia when this all went down. I had no experience shipping across the country during Winter. But luckily, the seller was responsive and worked with me on everything. I finally flew back to the states around 10PM. Went to sleep and the next morning got a call at 10AM, the shipping truck was outside my front door. Lucky me.

This car is far from OEM but with its history, I knew it was in good hands. Some people will hate the mods and aftermarket bits, but in my opinion it's properly done. This specific 1 deserves to be driven and not babied.

After a week or so, I finally have it registered in my name.
Official sunny California car now.

-Tom
Attached Images

Appreciate 7