View Single Post
      05-23-2019, 10:11 PM   #20
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Shifting is just not that hard. A lot of people can shift as competently as Senna and some with that "fast-twitch" can surely do it even faster and just as precisely. But of those people, very very few have the whole package and can drive as well as Senna. That's because driving and controlling a car is literally thousands of times more complicated than shifting.

Senna is famous because he was really damn fast, won races, and knew a lot about going fast that other pros didn't. He actually understood wet surfaces. Unless you or your opponents are incompetent, shifting while racing is something to not fuck up, not a place to make time.
I never said it was about making time. I said it was about fun, since we're not talking about actual race cars dependent on times.

Shifting isn't hard in a vacuum. It's the ballet of controlling the car with three pedals that makes it more fun, because, yes, it's one more thing to fuck up.

Catching fish with a fly rod is fun, too, although I'd be much more successful with a grenade.

FWIW, even Lewis Hamilton wishes F1 would go back to three pedals, but, of course, he’s apparently not quite the driver you are.

Last edited by duder13; 05-23-2019 at 10:27 PM..
Appreciate 0