View Single Post
      03-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #39
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Just to chime in, I'm one of the I'm sure many owners who had this issue and stumbled across this thread and started panicking about having to try and track down this issue.

I spoke with a PPK coder on the forums and was researching the op's route of repair (was also pm'ing him for info, thank you very much for responding) to gather info on a fix.

This weekend I did the stage 1 CA 91oct tune from MHD. I got in the car this morning, threw the a/c on for about 15 minutes of drive time, and voila!! My issue is completely resolved. This isn't to say it may not come back and is forever resolved, but so far idle is smooth as silk. There is still what I'd call a delay in throttle inputs, the first few degrees of peddle travel don't really seem to activate the throttle, but when I get into it there is zero delay.

I'm not sure if the first 1/2 inch or so of throttle is just dead in this car normally, but I'm very very pleased to have eliminated (for now) the idle/lurching issue with a/c on. MHD is a godsend, and it seems it is not just PPK that is an option for throttle lag issues, MHD is as well. I drive the 10 freeway in los angeles going into santa monica every day, so the a/c lag issues were a nightmare.
Appreciate 1
Blu3RSX27.50