09-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #30
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe VOP ZCV ZPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
So let me get this straight. BMW spends nine months dialing the suspension in on the 'ring, but you'd like to improve things...

So you successfully add un-sprung weight, mess with the steering feel and weighting by changing the scrub radius, miss-match the spring to damping ratio, put the car into the bump-stops way before it's designed to hit them, and make the tires rub that nice new body in cornering or over bumps. No mention if you re-aligned the car or if you also put the alignment completely out of whack.

Somewhere a BMW suspension engineer just pulled out the last of his hair.

No. Even better, I figured that the 1M sub forum has become stale. So I figured I would go out of my way just to piss you off.

But while we are on the subject, Mr. Race Car Driver, I am well aware that my "ring" time may have suffered a few seconds, but since we cannot all be the Stig, I figure for everyday driving my car now makes me happy as well as the other 12 or so people that agree so far, but to each there own, you go late apexing. I'm sure you are extremely versed at threshold braking.

And btw, rubbing's racing lol.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0