View Single Post
      05-16-2023, 09:44 PM   #23
qxangelxp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Sivec Honda, BMUU 135👁

I went with the MFactory 2.81 pumpkin in my car, and I absolutely love it.

I'm running fbo mhd stg2+, and plan on going upgraded turbos with e85, stg3 fuel pump, PI, etc. and I KNEW that the stock 3.08 gearing was going to be a problem.

First gear was already useless, and I also disliked cruising on the highway at 80mph with the rpms riding around 3400+

When I did the LSD, I did get an ABS & DSC light for a little bit, but I think that had to do with my alignment (I had also done control arms & other subframe stuff) OR the car just had to re-learn some stuff,. I don't really know because the light went away on its own after a while, and I got my ABS & DSC back.

I will say, you should code-out the e-diff setting using coding software (I used Protool w/ a Thor adapter) now that you have an LSD, so the car doesn't try to brake one side of the axle (which was okay to do for open-diff)

I highly recommend taller gearing for higher power applications. (If you're mainly street driving.)
Even at fbo stg2+, 1st gear w/ the 2.81 is still too short and nearly non-useable for launching spiritedly, but it, and every gear after it is a lot better than before. I ONLY use 1st to take off and drive up the first 10mph or so, then I can book-it from 2nd gear & on. All the gears are much improved, and I feel like it should have come this way from factory.
Appreciate 0