Thread: WTB: 128i PE
View Single Post
      02-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #4
Thunderguts
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT

I'm doing it right now. I gave up looking for a 128i PE so I bought the 135i PE. Everything is set and I'm just waiting on a 2.75" exhaust sleeve to complete the job.

The outer diameter of the stock pipe where it enters the silencer is about 66 mm and the OD of the 135i exhaust is about 70 mm. You need to cut the silencer off your stock exhaust and also cut the 135i exhaust in the same place. BE CAREFUL CUTTING! I measured 4 times and I still didn't get it right. If I weren't using a sleeve, I'd be screwed. For some reason, the body of the silencer itself may be slightly different. I used calipers to measure the distance from the body out to the pipe and cut the same distance on both pipes, but when I lined up the new silencer, they were about 1 cm off.

Once you have them cut, a shop could probably weld them together without too much trouble. I went a different route. I cut a piece of the new 135i pipe off and used cold weld to mount it over what's left of my old pipe. This way they are the same diameter and I can just use a 70 mm sleeve to attach them.
Appreciate 2