View Single Post
      05-02-2017, 09:03 PM   #1
nanotech
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i SGM M-Sport

Quasi-streetable track pads - why so hard?

Are there any track-focused pads made for the 135i stock calipers that can be driven on the street with appropriate care and caution?

Right now I run HP Plus during track season, which are great until they are terrifying. Gap between a couple corners can be full torque to nothing. Tolerable on short tracks braking from 120 or so, but terrifying at greater speeds when they go away.

Looking for a pad upgrade that doesn't require a pad swap for every track day, with the mindset of working tolerably well on the street (noise, dust not an issue - just want reasonable cold/medium stopping pressure). I am willing to take a pretty severe streetability hit, as long as I don't have to put 200C into the pads before they generate any stopping torque.

Ideal options appear to be Hawk Street Race and Pagid Orange. Neither appear to be available for the 135i stock POS calipers. EBC Yellow are potential options but reviews of these pads are terrible, plus they are rotor murdering machines.

Short of a caliper swap, is there a stronger pad than the HP Plus that I can run on the street and still stop at a stop sign without a warmup lap? If so, where can I find them and order them?

(Yes, I'm asking the impossible; I just want a level up from the HP Plus)
Appreciate 0