View Single Post
      06-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
Noc32
Rep
Drives: BMW 118

Is it the car battery or not?

Hi guys, long time reader here. Even way back I buy a E87, as a guest reader.
I'm 23, I worked my ass off the last two years and I bought a 2006 118i E87.
A few days ago, I inserted the key, I pushed down the clutch and when I pushed the "Start" button, nothing. Just a faint click behind the steering wheel. Tried a couple of times, still nothing. I called a friend, he pushed the car and I started it. Drove it to the nearest BMW service and they told me it could be the starter, the battery or maybe something else. When I got there, they put a tester on it, no errors came back and when they started the car, it turned on just fine. No problems what so ever. I took the car home and the next day, I had issues again. I could not start it. I went back there again and they asked me to leave the car overnight. I did and went back the next day and they told me they started the car over 40 times but they had no issues starting it.
I am hoping it's the car batter because it's the cheapest solution hahaha.
Is there any way I can check whether it's the battery, the starter or something else? Three days ago, when starting it in the morning before work it was having "difficulties" so to say. Like it was tired, it didn't start like it usually does. I pushed the start button and it was starting slow. It took 3, maybe 4 second to start. I am sorry for the lack of automotive terminology, maybe the word I am looking for is crank, maybe not but it was cranking slow and weird, like it doesn't have enough starting power from the battery perhaps. Thanks for reading such a long post
Appreciate 0