Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace11 View Post
Hi Dack,

I also am one of those car nuts having the autobahn right around the corner. Ive never heard about this hood issue and now im kinda worried about high speeds. My 1M has a tune and i reach speeds higher than 280kmh... is there a fix for this or could you maybe confirm with your friends friend who works at M GmbH whether this is just another story or really has something to it...?

thx

IF it really bothers you you could always retrofit hood pins or those flush hood latches like seen on the Safety 1M car.

I have done numerous runs over 280 kph and no problems to date. It really doesn't bother me too much now. I don't think there are many 1er's going over 290 kph. And the car is so bouncy at those speeds... the last thing I am looking at is the hood flopping around. Maybe when the weather gets nicer I'll make a video of the hood peeling up at the edges.

BMW addressed this issue on the F2x/F3x's bc you have to pull the hood cable TWICE in order to open it... and then there is still the hood latch safety there.

Dack
Appreciate 0