View Single Post
      01-22-2016, 01:18 PM   #13
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Sorry, our username is confusing.... several of us post under the same account name.

My name is actually Zach. I work for Detailed Image as a support to the various forums they sponsor and also as an author for their Ask-A-Pro Blog. I am a professional detailer based in Central Illinois who specializes in paint correction work and other exterior services. I always add my signature to the bottom of my posts so you can know it was me

Now on to your question... Your process seems great!

Wash, decontaminate, correct, polish, protect. That is the basics of a good exterior detail.

Higher end waxes tend to use more expensive ingredients and are produced in smaller batches, which results in higher product costs. A true wax addict may be able to point out subtle differences in appearance between various waxes, but the majority of us won't necessarily be able to distinguish a $100 wax from a $500 wax. My personal favorite carnauba is Pinnacle Souveran paste wax... but you also can't go wrong with something like Pete's 53 either! There are so many choices, you can have a lot of fun experimenting with them

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Zach McGovern
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
www.AttentiontoDetailingPeoria.com
Appreciate 0