09-15-2012, 01:48 AM   #128
Sarinaslegal
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DC-T M Sport

Retrofit speaker wiring switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdaws View Post
Yeah, in Aus all our 135's come with the "Professional" radio as a minimum and i had the basic audio with the car (ie no tweeters etc and didnt take the option for any upgraded audio). The professional head unit then has some really heavy equalisation output from it (hidden and built into the code) to compensate for the lack of quality of the base speakers (so ive been told). I agreed with this because after i installed the alpines (before coding) it sounded better but not 100% right. When coding it in the CIC its default is "sterio" which means its outputing all that EQ to try and make it better than what it is. Once you code to "hifi" it removes all the EQ as it now thinks its one of the upgraded audio packages... it makes the alpines sound WAY better.

There is a difference with the "Business Radio" alpine kit. There is some extra wiring to be installed into the sub contoller (aparently there is only 1 woofer).

As for the EQ settings to come up on Idrive, mine doesnt. I believe you can code it as someone has tried but you then dont get any audio whatsoever cause its designed specifically for the Logic 7 system. So no, i dont think you will be able to get that with the Alpine kit.
I have the alpine retrofit fitted by the dealer. I complained of too much tweeter volume over miniminal midrange volume and then had them try the swap over as a result of your experience. The sound is now louder coming from the front but the rear fill in sound has reduced. It's hard to say which way sounded better. I'd be keen to know if the manufacturer has picked up on the issue or any others who have a similar problem.
Appreciate 0