View Single Post
      07-17-2019, 05:55 AM   #15
Rekraps
USMA 81
United_States
Rep
Drives: Own two 1M's, VO total OEM

Ah, the topic of OEM vs Mod. Two completely separate camps with completely different users. For me, I only mod the car with easy to restore cosmetic changes, i.e. carbon fiber spoiler, front fender vent overlay tape, and maybe black front grills. Always keep original parts. On the other hand, there are many, perhaps most of the 1M owners that upgrade brakes, down pipes, suspension, seats etc... and make the care more "personal" for them. Both approaches are just fine, however if you have an eye on ever selling the car, then OEM will always command a higher price due to the collector aspect and appeal of this vehicle. This chain of thought also applies to original paperwork, original tire inflation kit (even after it expires, which for most of us was in 2015), fuse kits, window stickers etc. Most important is the paint. The cars have a propensity for road rash on the front of the rear wheel fenders, and on the trim piece under the doors. PPF is a super easy and effective remedy, once you have a paint restoration done. Highly recommended. Imagine the simple add: BMW 1M, White, 33K miles, OEM, Concourse condition. Nothing more need be said.
Appreciate 1