10-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #22
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit View Post
@ Tom303 - do you have the upgraded HK stereo?

@ ozinaldo - I think the subs are under the seats - that could be your missing two speakers.

Keep in mind my towel approach was only a test. No way I would pile thick blankets on top of any mystery module that has built in heat sinks for a long term solve. Now, IF I were to actually address this drone 'issue' I would fill the left side w/ something dense and soft. The right side I would think about installing something under the mystery module, while leaving it exposed on the sides and top to the cavity's air. That said - I think BOTH sides of the towel were warm.

NOTE: I will not address this 'issue' because I don't think it's an issue in the first place. I happen to love the rumble, and don't really consider the drone,...drone in the first place. I removed my 'mod' right after pulling up to my home. I find this discovery interesting, but don't plan to take action. I will however consider an N55 midpipe to uncork some performance and make the 1M exhaust awesome-er. Ultimately, I felt disappointed with the muted character....
Mahlzeit, the subs are under the front seats I know, the missing pair was the rear tweeters; later an audio shop technician told me that they must be inside the same box and integrated with the rear midrange speakers so I was counting 8 "visible" speakers instead of 10. I chose to believe him for the sake of mental health

I am pretty sure that there can be a technical reason why some have the ampf. in the cavity while others (like me) have it in the documented wheel arch (driver side). Must be regarding the configuration of each car. Mine is without nav, but with HK plus CD changer in the trunk and bluetooth.

I still don't get it how certain aftermarket exhaust or mid pipe solutions can cure the drone since the cavity remains there.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0