08-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmerweb View Post
My 128 leave is ending in just a few months, and I think I 'll be going with a 135 this time (since the 2012 128 has been so thoroughly do-contented).

As it turns out, I'm WAY under my mileage allowance on the lease. I actually purchased extra, 27,000kms a year, since historically that had been the kind of mileage I was doing (actually been averaging slightly more than that). But then because I changed to a job that was way closer to home and various other factors, my mileage for the last 3 years had only averaged 20,000kms a year. So I may actually be as much as 20,000 under my total allowance.

Now I realize that this is part of the leasing game and a risk that I accepted going into things. But I'm just wondering if I can extract any additional favours on my new lease because of this? (i.e. better price) Is it an advantage to a dealership to accept a low-mileage lease return? I have at least 3 dealerships I can work with.

-Tim
not that I really know, but I'm thinking: you paid for extra mileage; that money has been collected and booked. They would value the residual based on the actual mileage of the car, not relative to what you already paid in as an allowance.
Appreciate 0