09-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #181
T1T2GRE
CW2
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1SMC - traded away

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [7.33]
My purchasing experiences with BMW have been positive, but to varying degrees.

I just picked up my 1SMC yesterday at Faulkner BMW in Lancaster, PA and Jonathan Hoxworth was most accomodating and pleasant throughout, from the day of deposit through delivery. There was no shenanigans, and they honored MSRP. Jonathan has always been a straight-shooter, and has interest in the brand more than you would expect for the average sales staffer.

Having purchased BMWs elsewhere, I can say that their sales performance is otherwise lackluster. Not abysmal, but not very engaging. Maybe this corresponds with their presumed "model customer" base. My last X3 purchase went without a hitch, but I had to remind my rep several times about my options selections, and his knowledge of the product was poor. Perhaps my expectations are too high in that I expect them to understand the difference between an E30 and an E21, or whether a vehicle has a CDV or not. Nonetheless, I think the folks at that other dealership need to brush up on their knowledge base.

All told over the years, I would have to say my best sales experience previously was Saturn. Each time I purchased, the sales staff were knowledgeable, genuinely friendly, and never pushy.

If BMW could combine that with the product they'd see sales extend further.